The Art of Sherry Dole

I am a painter of Fantasy and I'm all about making the world a better place for every one of us on this fragile planet.
I create images of cats and butterflies, dogs and birds, alligators and raccoons as well as possums, turtles, bears, tigers , lions and any other critter you know -maybe even some you haven't yet met!

My original paintings are created in acrylics or watercolors and ink. They are sent to a printing company that photographs or scans them, then reproduces them in Giclee images on heavy archival paper or canvas.Intricate details and strong color saturation are hallmarks of my work and one painting may take several months to complete. All my life, I have been fascinated with Costume and Fashion history.Prior to becoming a professional Visual Artist, I spent years as a designer fashion buyer for large department stores. When I'd had enough of the corporate life I decided to combine my lifelong love of animals with fashion and theater, stir them all together and VOILA! You have The Art of Sherry Dole.
I always donate a percentage of my sales or my art to animal rescue or welfare groups.

Welcome Yall!

Thanks so very much for dropping by today! I really appreciate your spending a little time with me here in my world of Faery Tales and Whimsicality. Please fix yourself a cup of tea or a glass of sweet tea like we love here in the Deep Southern USA and just sit a spell. I have been looking forward to meeting you! If you are one of my precious friends already, I am so pleased to see you!

Friday, November 5, 2010

You Gotta Have Friends

      Creating art is a wonderful thing, it is my life and my passion. Yet, life as an artist can be more than a little isolating. Sometimes, I will not put down my paintbrush or sculpting tools until my hand is so cramped I cannot make it do one more thing. I always lose myself in my latest project and become totally oblivious to everything around me and I love it!   I have learned, though, especially in the 2 years I have had internet access, there is a huge world of wonderful people out there and their impact on me has been enormous. I have met so many generous, witty,and creative folks through Facebook and Twitter. When I started selling my work on the Etsy.com site, I had no idea that I would meet a community of incredible people in addition to the fabulously brilliant darlings who buy my artwork. On Etsy, you can join groups who have various commonalities & they offer valuable support. One group I am fortunate to be a member of is the Visual Artist Street Team on Etsy or VAST. It consists of extraordinarily talented 2D artists at many skill levels who sell their paintings & prints on Etsy.  Recently, someone contacted me about buying one of my original paintings, but the request seemed fishy. I sent the information out to the group via email asking what they thought about  it.  Within minutes I had a response from various members, several offered great suggestions as to questions I should ask to determine the authenticity of the sale as well as telling me about similar experiences they had in the past. Thanks to their help, I determined that it was a scammer & I was saved from a big hassle!               My point in this post is to let Yall know...sometimes you just have to put down your work, get online and make some friends! They will make your life so much better!                                                              With many, many thanks to all of Yall gorgeous people out there who are my friends and you know who you are! I love and value each of you! I am so very blessed in having you in my life! XOXOYou can find this image on Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment