The Art of Sherry Dole

I am a painter of Fantasy and I'm all about making the world a better place for every one of us on this fragile planet.
I create images of cats and butterflies, dogs and birds, alligators and raccoons as well as possums, turtles, bears, tigers , lions and any other critter you know -maybe even some you haven't yet met!

My original paintings are created in acrylics or watercolors and ink. They are sent to a printing company that photographs or scans them, then reproduces them in Giclee images on heavy archival paper or canvas.Intricate details and strong color saturation are hallmarks of my work and one painting may take several months to complete. All my life, I have been fascinated with Costume and Fashion history.Prior to becoming a professional Visual Artist, I spent years as a designer fashion buyer for large department stores. When I'd had enough of the corporate life I decided to combine my lifelong love of animals with fashion and theater, stir them all together and VOILA! You have The Art of Sherry Dole.
I always donate a percentage of my sales or my art to animal rescue or welfare groups.

Welcome Yall!

Thanks so very much for dropping by today! I really appreciate your spending a little time with me here in my world of Faery Tales and Whimsicality. Please fix yourself a cup of tea or a glass of sweet tea like we love here in the Deep Southern USA and just sit a spell. I have been looking forward to meeting you! If you are one of my precious friends already, I am so pleased to see you!

Saturday, September 19, 2009


We are celebrating [my critters and I] our first year of being on the internet! I've only had merchandise up on selling sites for a few months since I had quite a steep learning curve to surmount. It takes a while for my right brain to figure out what my left brain is trying to do, as well as my being seriously typing impaired!
The most exciting reward for me this year has been meeting the most incredible people I have ever met in my life. I now have incredible animal-loving, rescuing friends with the most incredible hearts in the world. My new artist friends are so fabulously talented their images leave me absolutely breathless! I have friends who are working every day in the most imaginative ways to bring positive energy in to the world for all people. Some of you have even taken your time to help me with pointers and advice about tech and editorial situations. Bless you! I am so fortunate to have met ya'll and to have you in my life.
I am so very honored by the collectors who have been with me for years and have now joined me here on the world wide web.Woohoo!!!
It's a celebration all right and I am so very grateful for each and everyone of you! Let's Party!!! xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment